This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: CVS tags (was: [new-ra] merge with head)
- From: Ben Elliston <bje at wasabisystems dot com>
- To: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: 16 Oct 2003 08:46:24 +1000
- Subject: Re: CVS tags (was: [new-ra] merge with head)
- References: <Pine.LNX.firstname.lastname@example.org> <Pine.BSF.email@example.com>
Gerald Pfeifer <firstname.lastname@example.org> writes:
> I'm asking because there have been concerns about CVS being
> cluttered with numerous tags, and indeed we currently have about 20
> tags per month (even though I hacked the snapshot script to avoid
> tags for snapshots from mainline, thus saving 4 tags a month.)
What is the precise concern about the number of tags? I recently put
`log -N' into ~/.cvsrc and my own concerns went away ..