Re: please update config.guess and libtool

> According to http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc/2001-05/msg00636.html ,

FYI, the referred article was a *proposal* for a correct way to
automate various tasks that trip up gcc maintainers.  I'm sure that
you are quite correct that the named vendor branches don't exist
within gcc...  The thread ended here:

http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc/2001-05/msg00802.html

"PS, the issue is now moot since it appears that we don't wish to use
 cvs import in the gcc tree.  I.e. although the word "import" was/is
 used in some documentation related to how we will handle our source
 tree for gcc at gcc.gnu.org, it was never meant to imply the actual
 use of `cvs import'."

Loren