This is the mail archive of the gcc@gcc.gnu.org mailing list for the GCC project.


Index Nav: [Date Index] [Subject Index] [Author Index] [Thread Index]
Message Nav: [Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next]
Other format: [Raw text]

Re: please update config.guess and libtool


Alexandre Oliva wrote:
On Oct 9, 2003, Bernardo Innocenti <bernie@develer.com> wrote:
Is it OK to import the HEAD revision from savannah.gnu.org?

Yes.

I've just noticed that the official documentation is quite vague about the correct procedure to use. (http://gcc.gnu.org/codingconventions.html#upstream).

According to http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc/2001-05/msg00636.html ,
I've checked out the HEAD revisions of config.sub and
config.guess and I'm going to do this:

$ cd <config_stuff_to_import>
$ cvs -d :ext:bernie@gcc.gnu.org:/cvs/gcc import \
     gcc SUBVERSION config-2003-06-13
$ cd <gcc_sandbox>
$ cvs admin -bSUBVERSION config.sub config.guess


It looks like nobody had ever used this procedure before, otherwise there would be a SUBVERSION branch tag on config.sub and several import tags, wouldn't it?

I'm confused... :-/


Libtool files would be far trickier, though, as they will require the
entire tree to have already been converted to autoconf 2.5x.

I wasn't planning to import those anyway... :-)


--
 // Bernardo Innocenti - Develer S.r.l., R&D dept.
\X/  http://www.develer.com/

Please don't send Word attachments - http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/no-word-attachments.html




Index Nav: [Date Index] [Subject Index] [Author Index] [Thread Index]
Message Nav: [Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next]