Re: Suggestion for a new Bugzilla keyword: "meta-bug"

On  8 Oct, Falk Hueffner wrote:
> Volker Reichelt <reichelt@igpm.rwth-aachen.de> writes:
>
>> In order to provide a mechanism for grouping PR's I'd like to add the
>> new keyword "meta-bug" to Bugzilla together with the short explanation:
>>
>>   meta-bug
>>   Not a real PR, but the common denominator of a group of PR's.
>
> Couldn't one just use a keyword for each of these "meta-bugs"?

Yes and no.

Yes, because in some respect a meta-bug would be like a "keyword light"
(i.e. it applies to less PR's than ice-on-valid-code, for example).

No, because
a) I'd rather not add too many keywords, and
b) adding information to a keyword is not as easy as adding information
   to a meta-bug. Being able to collect your information is a useful
   feature IMHO.

Regards,
Volker