This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: RFC: Improve MIPS code generation.
- From: Daniel Jacobowitz <drow at mvista dot com>
- To: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Fri, 3 Oct 2003 18:17:23 -0400
- Subject: Re: RFC: Improve MIPS code generation.
- References: <3F7DF470.email@example.com>
On Fri, Oct 03, 2003 at 03:13:04PM -0700, David Daney wrote:
> Recently I have been thinking about gcc's code generation especially
> WRT the MIPS o32 ABI, but I think that the ideas might be relevant to
> other architectures as well.
> I am not quite sure how to implement this, but wanted to get feedback.
FYI, Alpha already implements this. It's done more effectively as a
linker optimization and takes a fair bit of code.
MontaVista Software Debian GNU/Linux Developer