Re: GCC Release Status (2003-08-22)

> On Fri, 29 Aug 2003, Gabriel Dos Reis wrote:
> > On the name lookup issue, I think things improved a bit.  I didn't
> > make a comparison these last days between 3.3. and 3.4.
> > I'll fix correctness issues and send reports later.
>
> Thanks!  (I believe we are worse now than for 3.3, at least these is
> what I recall from tests in June).
>
> If you want to test, please consider PR8361.
>
> > I have no figure about compile time with respect to inlining, tc.
>
> These improved with Jan's unit-at-a-time changes, according to tests
> at that time.

I did some further testing with current compiler and increasing the
inlinine limits as discussed on the other thread and compiler does not
seem to have problems with that when unit-at-a-time is enabled.
So I hope we can solve many of these problems using it.  I will do bit
more testing and prepare better report at monday.

Honza