This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [tree-ssa] COND_EXPR lowering preview
- From: Zdenek Dvorak <rakdver at atrey dot karlin dot mff dot cuni dot cz>
- To: Diego Novillo <dnovillo at redhat dot com>
- Cc: "gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org" <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>,Jeff Law <law at redhat dot com>, "gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org" <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Wed, 27 Aug 2003 21:52:24 +0200
- Subject: Re: [tree-ssa] COND_EXPR lowering preview
- References: <20030826185329.GB6054@atrey.karlin.mff.cuni.cz> <firstname.lastname@example.org>
> > here is the patch; since it is just preview and I am lazy, it includes
> > some parts that should be separated, most imporatantly tree-ssa-dom fixes.
> > The patch bootstraps and passes regtesting.
> Please separate them.
of course; as I stated, this is not ment for review.
> > It disables control structures removal in dce; this also has to be
> > handled separately.
> What does this have to do with COND_EXPR lowering?
control structures removal as implemented currently relies on structured
COND_EXPRs, so something has to be done with it.
> > Some possibly useful cleanups were removed from
> > remove_useless_stmts_and_vars; this function is not suitable for
> > work over unstructured code.
> Again. Please separate this. It has little to do with COND_EXPR
It's just a removal of code that becomes useless when COND_EXPRs are
unstructured -- imho this has a lot to do with COND_EXPR lowering :-)