Re: to_line blowing up

On Tuesday, August 26, 2003, at 10:46 PM, Neil Booth wrote:
On Monday, August 25, 2003, at 11:01 PM, Neil Booth wrote:
It looks like to_line can be killed, and replaced with new_map->to_line
in the 2 places it's used.

Ok, I did that... It turns out, that this is the tip of an iceburg...

So what was the rest of the iceberg? The rest of your patch was just a typedef replacement.

Change it to:

	struct fileline {
		unsigned int line;
	}

and watch the compilation failures... Per will expressed an interest in doing this, at least for enable-checking. I think the optimizer is beefy enough to handle it all the time... I saw what appears to be many such type violations. M-grep SOURCE_LINE will find all the ones I found. Per found one, where one variable had the two different types at different times. :-(