This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Loop optimizer issues
- From: David Edelsohn <dje at watson dot ibm dot com>
- To: Andrew Pinski <pinskia at physics dot uc dot edu>
- Cc: wilson at tuliptree dot org (Jim Wilson), gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Mon, 25 Aug 2003 22:42:01 -0400
- Subject: Re: Loop optimizer issues
>>>>> Andrew Pinski writes:
Andrew> David was not taking about the aliasing bug fixes but rather the loop unroll
Andrew> does not work for PPC with most loops as it really does not understand the
Andrew> doloop optimizations which benfit the PPC greatly.
The issues are not PowerPC-specific. The new RTL loop
optimization infrastructure is not a win on many architectures.