Re: Thread-local storage on IA64 in ILP32 mode

> The problem is that ia64_expand_move generates invalid instructions.

Interesting.  I'll have a look on Monday.

> Also, doe TLS support require linker and/or dynamic-linker support as
> well as assembler support?

Of course.

> Right now, whether or not TLS is supported
> is purely determined by HAVE_AS_TLS.

We could, I suppose, add a linker test, but the assumption of the moment
is that you've got one matched version of binutils installed.  As for the
dynamic linker, I don't know that there's any way to test for that.

If you do, for some reason, add such a runtime test, make sure there's a
way to override as otherwise you wouldn't be able to build a compiler that
can build the glibc ld.so that can handle the tls bits.

r~