This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Thread-local storage on IA64 in ILP32 mode
- From: Richard Henderson <rth at redhat dot com>
- To: Mark Mitchell <mark at codesourcery dot com>
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org, zack at codesourcery dot com
- Date: Sat, 23 Aug 2003 11:21:04 -0700
- Subject: Re: Thread-local storage on IA64 in ILP32 mode
- References: <200308222023.h7MKNFrR000660@sirius.codesourcery.com>
> The problem is that ia64_expand_move generates invalid instructions.
Interesting. I'll have a look on Monday.
> Also, doe TLS support require linker and/or dynamic-linker support as
> well as assembler support?
> Right now, whether or not TLS is supported
> is purely determined by HAVE_AS_TLS.
We could, I suppose, add a linker test, but the assumption of the moment
is that you've got one matched version of binutils installed. As for the
dynamic linker, I don't know that there's any way to test for that.
If you do, for some reason, add such a runtime test, make sure there's a
way to override as otherwise you wouldn't be able to build a compiler that
can build the glibc ld.so that can handle the tls bits.