recent commit

reassign 204789 libc6
thanks

[ Please forgive the repost, original cc: list was bad ]

Greetings all!  A few comments on the latest upload onto HEAD and the
release branch:

--enable-static configuration option -- default on ia64, as a
  workaround for current algorithm of runtime realized function
  descriptors.  I'll be releasing gcl/maxima/acl2 packages soon with
  this in to cure 204789 for now.  I'm reassigning the bug to libc6 in
  case the ld.so ia64 maintainers want to take a look at this.  The
  details are in the BTS, but in summary, stored function addresses in
  gcl executables ostensibly referring to functions in same said
  executable (via function descriptors) and saved to a file via
  unexec can wind up referring to incorrect function descriptor
  addresses when the executable is run against compatible but
  different shared library versions.

amd64-linux support -- e.g "Opteron".  This is the first 64bit port
using bfd relocation.  Brings us to 12 Linux ports.

O6->O3 -- I did some brief benchmarking -- O3 seems a bit larger and
slightly faster than O2.  I'm open to reconsidering and changing O3 ->
O2 if someone can provide meaningful benchmarks to demonstrate an
improvement.

Take care,