This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: C++: Missing documentation for MODOP_EXPR
- From: Mark Mitchell <mark at codesourcery dot com>
- To: Gabriel Dos Reis <gdr at integrable-solutions dot net>
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: 15 Aug 2003 11:20:06 -0700
- Subject: Re: C++: Missing documentation for MODOP_EXPR
- Organization: CodeSourcery, LLC
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Fri, 2003-08-15 at 11:10, Gabriel Dos Reis wrote:
> While working on the new C++ pretty-printer, I came to realize that
> MODOP_EXPR is documented nowhere. The only comment I can find is this:
> /* A whole bunch of tree codes for the initial, superficial parsing of
> templates. */
> from cp/cp-tree.def. While the meaning of most of those "bunch of
> tree codes" may be infered from their names and some familiarity with
> the C++ front end, that of MODOP_EXPR remains obscure to me.
> Could you enlighten me?
It's an assignment operator (including compound assignments) while
parsing a template.
Mark Mitchell <email@example.com>