This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: function addresses and ld.so
- From: Richard Henderson <rth at redhat dot com>
- To: davidm at hpl dot hp dot com
- Cc: Camm Maguire <camm at enhanced dot com>, gcl-devel at gnu dot org, debian-ia64 at lists dot debian dot org, gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org, 204789 at bugs dot debian dot org
- Date: Wed, 13 Aug 2003 16:51:46 -0700
- Subject: Re: function addresses and ld.so
- References: <E19mhZPemail@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Wed, Aug 13, 2003 at 04:35:36PM -0700, David Mosberger wrote:
> Wouldn't, e.g., LD_PRELOADing something break this assumption?
Yes. Or, indeed, just recompiling the library could result
in different PLT offsets within the DSO, even on x86.
This behaviour is completely broken. It'll never work reliably.