This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: fixinc: svr4_ftw and _STYPES: huh?
- From: Bruce Korb <bkorb at veritas dot com>
- To: Nathanael Nerode <neroden at twcny dot rr dot com>
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Wed, 13 Aug 2003 09:58:03 -0700
- Subject: Re: fixinc: svr4_ftw and _STYPES: huh?
- Organization: Home
- References: <20030812211514.GA1495@twcny.rr.com>
Nathanael Nerode wrote:
> This hack (present also in fixinc.svr4) has a clear motivation listed:
> to avoid a definition of something as 'extern' and then as 'static'.
> But the fix itself contains a very unclear element: the curious use of
> '_STYPES'. Do you (or anyone) have any idea at all why it is checking
> whether _STYPES is defined?
> I'm thinking of making this another one of the 'enabled only for svr4,
> because I can't figure out what it's supposed to be doing' hacks.
> (DYNIX/ptx, the only svr4 system anyone's volunteered to test for
> me, apparently doesn't have the problem declarations.)
Then I would recommend leaving it disabled and re-enabling it
only for those platforms where squawks are received.