Porting gcc

Hello All,
I started porting GCC for new target. I read the documentation I have found
and I have couple questions I can't find answers.

Target.c target.h and target.md files are complementary to one another. I
mean they have common purpose (to define target machine). I am wondering are
there any tools which could help me to create /or better to generate / these
files or I have to write them from scratch ?

And second question in Amazon.com I found some books on porting GCC, does
anybody know something about on-line version of these books ?

Regards Petar