Re: Possible GPL infringment in the HighTec GNU compiler

On Tue, 12 Aug 2003, Laurent Pinchart wrote:
> I'm not an expert, but it looks to me as a GPL infringment. The
> newsletter can be found at http://www.hitex.co.uk/newsletter0603/,
> and the article about GCC at
> http://www.hitex.co.uk/newsletter0603/gnuc166.html.

I agree with your analysis of the situation, and can confirm that the
claims on that web pages are quite bogus (for example in that they
confuse the GPL with public domain).

I have forwarded your message to the appropriate channels at the FSF.

Thanks for the note!

Gerald
--
Gerald Pfeifer (Jerry)   gerald@pfeifer.com   http://www.pfeifer.com/gerald/