This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [tree-ssa] RFC: Making control flow more explicit
- From: law at redhat dot com
- To: Zdenek Dvorak <rakdver at atrey dot karlin dot mff dot cuni dot cz>
- Cc: Andrew MacLeod <amacleod at redhat dot com>, Steven Bosscher <s dot bosscher at student dot tudelft dot nl>, Daniel Berlin <dberlin at dberlin dot org>, Diego Novillo <dnovillo at redhat dot com>, gcc mailing list <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Mon, 11 Aug 2003 15:45:49 -0600
- Subject: Re: [tree-ssa] RFC: Making control flow more explicit
- Reply-to: law at redhat dot com
In message <20030811195102.GG7767@atrey.karlin.mff.cuni.cz>, Zdenek Dvorak writ
>because parent obviously is not what you want here. IIRC in the ssa dce
>algorithm marking of the neccesary control statements is somehow
>done using dominator information.
The RTL version does use dominator information, the tree version does not
use dominator information to find necessary control statements.
The tree version uses the nested control structure and goto following to
deduce control dependency.