This is the mail archive of the gcc@gcc.gnu.org mailing list for the GCC project.


Index Nav: [Date Index] [Subject Index] [Author Index] [Thread Index]
Message Nav: [Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next]
Other format: [Raw text]

Re: gcc-3.3 mipsel -msoft-float broken? test case included


Eric Christopher <echristo@redhat.com> writes:
> > Actually I solved my problem late last night.  I discovered this bug
> > in bugzilla:
> > 
> >     http://gcc.gnu.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=8765
> > 
> > This matches my symptoms exactly, so when I compile libgcc.a with
> > -msoft-float (by adding -msoft-float to the TARGET_LIBGCC2_CFLAGS
> > variable in gcc-3.3/gcc/config/t-linux), the toolchain builds
> > -msoft-float programs that work perfectly!
> 
> Aaah yes. An idea is that perhaps there should be some kernel level
> floating point support for uClinux, or perhaps soft-float support for
> linux. Something ala what Aldy did for powerpc would be best IMO.

Well, these days you can just pass --with-float=soft to configure.
Assuming all you want is a soft-float-only version.

Richard


Index Nav: [Date Index] [Subject Index] [Author Index] [Thread Index]
Message Nav: [Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next]