This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Problem in split_basic_block
- From: kenner at vlsi1 dot ultra dot nyu dot edu (Richard Kenner)
- To: rth at redhat dot com
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Thu, 7 Aug 03 21:52:48 EDT
- Subject: Re: Problem in split_basic_block
But if you don't use addp4, you wind up with extra sext insns all
the time. Unlike Alpha, there's no add instruction that sign (or
zero) extends from 32-bits.
Interesting. I don't know the ia64 instruction set, but I'd always
thought of the addp4 stuff as a horrible kludge. I'm kind of curious
about this myself now.
Anybody from HP know?