This is the mail archive of the
gcc@gcc.gnu.org
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: On inlining in C++
- From: Gabriel Dos Reis <gdr at integrable-solutions dot net>
- To: dewar at gnat dot com (Robert Dewar)
- Cc: aph at redhat dot com, coyote at coyotegulch dot com, gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: 05 Aug 2003 19:56:28 +0200
- Subject: Re: On inlining in C++
- Organization: Integrable Solutions
- References: <20030805174954.0295AF2D96@nile.gnat.com>
dewar@gnat.com (Robert Dewar) writes:
| > The behaviour I'm arguing for is that one documented for over two
| > decades. That is not passion.
|
| No, but it is goal-directed interpretation.
Not really. I see people disagreeing with the notion of trusting the
programmer.
There are tons of messages in this (or related thread) so it might be
possible that I missed a message that disagreed with the
interpretation of the documentation I quoted. Can you give reference
to such a message?
-- Gaby