This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: missed uninitialised variable warning
- From: dewar at gnat dot com (Robert Dewar)
- To: aoliva at redhat dot com, dewar at gnat dot com
- Cc: akpm at osdl dot org, gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org, gdr at integrable-solutions dot net,guerby at acm dot org, matz at suse dot de, pinskia at physics dot uc dot edu
- Date: Mon, 4 Aug 2003 14:21:02 -0400 (EDT)
- Subject: Re: missed uninitialised variable warning
> void *x = &x;
> This must work, and I don't see anything possibly dubious about it.
Well I certainly find the formal semantics in the C++ standard tricky
sometimes since it is not a standard that I am fully familiar with,
but I am not sure I can deduce that this must always work from the
formal semantics. But that may just be me :-)