This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: On inlining in C++
- From: Gabriel Dos Reis <gdr at integrable-solutions dot net>
- To: dewar at gnat dot com (Robert Dewar)
- Cc: aph at redhat dot com, gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org, jbuck at synopsys dot com
- Date: 04 Aug 2003 19:47:42 +0200
- Subject: Re: On inlining in C++
- Organization: Integrable Solutions
- References: <20030804173619.F0FD7F2D7C@nile.gnat.com>
email@example.com (Robert Dewar) writes:
| > Inline as I have described is close to what has been documented for
| > two decades in official C++ manuals.
| Well if you really believe that C++ programmers read "official C++
| manuals" then you are talking about a different population of programmers
"The C++ Programming Language" -- ranging from the first edition to
the special edition -- by Bjarne Stroustrup is such a document and
given the number of sales, I think I have pretty good data.