Re: On inlining in C++

> You should refrain from making such hash assertions about C++
> programmers.  "inline" like any other C++ features is documented and
> here is not the right place to transmute a meaning of an ISO
> standardized language.

They are not hash (rash?) assertions, they are simply obsrevations. I have
dealt with a LOT of C++ code written by a lot of people.

If you refer to the ISO standardized language, you are on thin ground, since
it has little to say that is meaningful in this area.

This is not about standard conformance at all, this is about what is
pragmatically best from a code generation point of view, something
the standard is not concerned with. As far as the standard is concerned
you can do multiplication by repeated addition :-)