This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
- From: Joe Buck <jbuck at synopsys dot com>
- To: Robert Dewar <dewar at gnat dot com>
- Cc: aaronl at vitelus dot com, s dot bosscher at student dot tudelft dot nl, gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Mon, 4 Aug 2003 10:11:24 -0700
- Subject: Re: GCC
- References: <20030731100819.AC796F2DD2@nile.gnat.com>
> > Copyright assignments.
On Thu, Jul 31, 2003 at 06:08:19AM -0400, Robert Dewar wrote:
> Please give some evidence. I think this is just a guess. In my experience,
> the copyright assignment is not the issue at all. The issue is precisely
> getting the patches to be well-formed, which requires quite a bit of work
> and quite a bit of knowledge about the way gcc maintenance is organized.
In my experience, many companies balk not at the concept of copyright
assignment but rather at the patent waiver. However, the FSF successfully
negotiated acceptable language with IBM, so clearly such problems can be