This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Questions about the ATTRS field of builtins.def
- From: Roger Sayle <roger at eyesopen dot com>
- To: "Kaveh R. Ghazi" <ghazi at caip dot rutgers dot edu>
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org, <jsm28 at cam dot ac dot uk>
- Date: Fri, 1 Aug 2003 09:38:14 -0600 (MDT)
- Subject: Re: Questions about the ATTRS field of builtins.def
On Thu, 31 Jul 2003, Kaveh R. Ghazi wrote:
> Yes, I'd guess that the place where this fourth ATTR case would be
> appropriate is for rounding functions that ignore the mode and always
> round a particular way. (?) Anywhere else?
I'm guessing that fmod and drem that specify the rounding mode to be
used in the calculation might fall under this category. Probably best
to assume they're both ATTR_MATHFN_FPROUNDING_ERRNO until a real IEEE
expert can cast an authorative opinion. Are fmod and drem independent
of the current FP rounding mode?