This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: gcc or g77 in MS Windows
- From: Philipp Thomas <pthomas at suse dot de>
- To: "Tiwary, Rajiv" <tiwary at ppg dot com>
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Fri, 1 Aug 2003 17:17:00 +0200
- Subject: Re: gcc or g77 in MS Windows
- Organization: SuSE Linux AG
- References: <C62442C64ABD724FBCA4D86F26B9008C0B2BA9@sgofusr24.nac.ppg.com>
- Reply-to: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
* Tiwary, Rajiv (firstname.lastname@example.org) [20030801 16:07]:
In a Microsoft Windows environment when a file needs to be opened,
is it possible for either gcc or g77 to interactively prompt for file
as windows programs do?
No, it's not possible and frankly I don't see any reason why they should.
gcc and g77 are compilers and not some interactive program like an editor.
Philipp Thomas <email@example.com>
SuSE Linux AG, Deutschherrnstr. 15-19, D-90429 Nuremberg, Germany