This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH] Optimize x*x*x*x*x*x using 3 multiplications.
- From: Paolo Carlini <pcarlini at unitus dot it>
- To: Robert Dewar <dewar at gnat dot com>
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Fri, 01 Aug 2003 09:58:31 +0200
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Optimize x*x*x*x*x*x using 3 multiplications.
- References: <20030801041740.88506F2E2E@nile.gnat.com>
Robert Dewar wrote:
Indeed, very interesting! If you have got two more spare minutes, I
would be curious to know a sketch of the explanation of this.
Optimize x*x*x*x*x*x using 3 multiplications.
It is interesting to note that in general this kind of optimization decreases
accuracy (it is more accurate to do the full 5 multiplications).
Thanks in advance,