This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Optimizing hypot()
- From: Richard Henderson <rth at redhat dot com>
- To: Richard Guenther <rguenth at tat dot physik dot uni-tuebingen dot de>
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Tue, 29 Jul 2003 18:40:51 -0700
- Subject: Re: Optimizing hypot()
- References: <Pine.LNX.4.44.0307240017310.612-100000@goofy>
On Thu, Jul 24, 2003 at 12:27:50AM +0200, Richard Guenther wrote:
> cvtsi2ss %eax, %xmm1 # tmp64,
> movss %xmm1, -4(%ebp) #,
> Note the bogous temporary xmm1 use at the end.
Note that this is an int->float conversion.
By not including math.h, you lose the prototype for the
function, which means that by C rules the function is
assumed to return int.