Re: SCO systems and 'Target Deprecation'

In article <20030725010125.6001b9f0.ates100@web.de> you write:
>On Thu, 24 Jul 2003 15:03:35 -0700 (PDT) Don Lindsay <lindsayd@cisco.com> wrote:
>
>> I vote that it's time to act against SCO.
>
>and i vote against doing anything political. i always thought, linux and
>especially gcc was a piece of software, which was developed by people, who
>needed some functionality or feature for their platform.

Nope.

The FSF is the main actor behind gcc. It has nothing to do with Linux, even
though some people work in both camps (or in other camps), and the FSF
definitely has a political agenda.

Not all gcc developers agree with that agenda (I don't agree with a LARGE
part of that agenda), but we still work together because it's convenient,
and acceptable in a larger scheme of things.