Re: RFC: target macro->hook migration idea

Something I've wondered is whether adding all of this indirections for
the various hooks ends up contributing to the general slowdown of GCC.

We're essentually "outlining" a whole lot of code and adding function
pointer call overhead (which is worse than regular function calls
because of the lookup.)

Since we're going to convert a whole bunch at once, can we measure
before and after the conversion to see what happens WRT compiler
speed?

		Thanks,
		--Kaveh
--