Re: Reloading failes

On Tue, 2003-07-15 at 02:35, Anders Ãdland wrote:
> moment. Now it's back. When compiling gcc.c-torture/compile/920611-2.c with
> -Os the same is happening; A pseudo register is replaced by a memory
> reference in reload() in reload1.c. Am I missing something?

There could be other similar problems.  If you have all of the obvious
problems fixed, then you need to look at what reload is doing.  Use the
-da option to get debugging dumps, and then look at the before/after
instructions in the .lreg/.greg dumps to see what reload did to the
instructions.  Also look at the debug_reload() output in the .greg
file.  There will be a list of reloads for each instruction that needed
reloads.  Check to make sure that the right kinds of reloads were
created.

> (Should I post these kind of messages on gcc or gcc-help?)

I think that is best.  I don't always have time to answer every message.

--
Jim Wilson, GNU Tools Support, http://www.specifix.com