Re: Decision on gccbug?

Wolfgang Bangerth <bangerth@ices.utexas.edu> writes:

> think were reasonable given the typical length and style of a
> PR. But people were quite set on this and I gave up when I became
> frustrated. If you ask me: nuke it.

I think my point was missed.

In the same way that we don't simply remove target support without
warning users for a release or two, I think it would be poor form to
simply nuke gccbug.  At least one release should be made with a
version of gccbug that explains that it is no longer in use and that
users should file bug reports into Bugzilla.

If necessary, I volunteer to write such a version of gccbug.

Cheers, Ben