This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Fastjar, copyright, and upstream...
- From: Matthias Klose <doko at cs dot tu-berlin dot de>
- To: Nathanael Nerode <neroden at twcny dot rr dot com>
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org, jsm at polyomino dot org dot uk
- Date: Sat, 12 Jul 2003 09:10:31 +0200
- Subject: Re: Fastjar, copyright, and upstream...
- References: <20030712000753.GA1545@doctormoo>
Nathanael Nerode writes:
> Joseph S. Myers writes:
> >This does mean that the fastjar manual is actually copyright Matthias
> >Klose and so he's free to remove the Invariant Section and Cover Texts
> >from that manual.
> Well, that's nice at any rate. :-) Actually though, according to the
> legal opinion I got from Eben Moglen, as the sole author, he's allowed
> to unilaterally licence the manual under any terms he wants _even if it
> is FSF copyright_, due to the grantback.
I don't care about the copyright as long as it allows the docs to be
included in the main section of the Debian packages. AFAIK it would
suffice to remove the invariant and cover text sections. Or does
another license suite it better?