This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Reg near and far call syntax
- From: <tm_gccmail at mail dot kloo dot net>
- To: penumarthy sreenivas <sunilsreenivas2001 at yahoo dot com>
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Thu, 10 Jul 2003 18:00:58 -0700 (PDT)
- Subject: Re: Reg near and far call syntax
On Thu, 10 Jul 2003, penumarthy sreenivas wrote:
> I am trying to use near and far jump calls in a
> assembly code. I am using gcc 2.96 on Linux 2.4.18-10
> (redhat)on Intel 686. I am having certain doubts:
> For near calls, we can either specify offset relative
> to the EIP or using R/M encoding.
This is probably more appropriate on the binutils mailing list, as your
question is primarily about assembly syntax.