This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: prefetch optimizations
- From: <tm_gccmail at mail dot kloo dot net>
- To: Niavis Panagiotis <niavis at ceid dot upatras dot gr>
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Thu, 10 Jul 2003 11:01:51 -0700 (PDT)
- Subject: Re: prefetch optimizations
On Thu, 10 Jul 2003, Niavis Panagiotis wrote:
> I'm not sure if this is the right mailing list to post this. I'm using the
> function block_prefetch(follows) to prefetch a 4Kb array in the cpu
> cache. In the program I allocate a scr pointer and a dest pointer (both
> 50MB) and I copy data from src to dest(whith memcpy) in 4KB
> chuncks. I observe the following behaviours:
This is a list for the discussion of gcc development, so you are posting
to the wrong list.
I would recommend asking this on the Usenet newsgroup comp.arch.
Also, it is unlikely anybody will be able to help you without any mention
of your target processor and the cache characteristics.