This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: RFA: Use _Unwind_Ptr (Was: Re: RFC / RFA: dwarf2 unwinding for targets with call-part-clobbered registers)
- From: Richard Henderson <rth at redhat dot com>
- To: Joern Rennecke <joern dot rennecke at superh dot com>
- Cc: Jim Wilson <wilson at tuliptree dot org>, gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org, gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Wed, 9 Jul 2003 14:26:18 -0700
- Subject: Re: RFA: Use _Unwind_Ptr (Was: Re: RFC / RFA: dwarf2 unwinding for targets with call-part-clobbered registers)
- References: <3F0A367E.firstname.lastname@example.org> <200307091234.h69CYKu02844@linsvr1.uk.superh.com>
On Wed, Jul 09, 2003 at 01:34:20PM +0100, Joern Rennecke wrote:
> Do we have any targets besides sh64-elf -mb -m5-32media which are
> big endian, use dwarf2 unwinding, and have a wider _Unwind_Word than
> _Unwind_Ptr ?
But in that case we always save registers on the stack in word_mode,
so reading word_mode produces correct results. Indeed, your change
will most certainly *break* MIPS. I think we need something a bit
more complex than what you're currently proposing.