Re: libtool reloadable object files versus multilib

On Jul  9, 2003, Hans-Peter Nilsson <hp@bitrange.com> wrote:

> Responding to an old email of yours, but I don't think the issue
> was resolved.

I don't recall what the problem was at the time, but I know libtool
does have code to pass emulation flags to the linker when needed.

> Make libtool use "$gcc -Wl,-r -nostdlib -O0" (-O0 to avold
> gcc passing possible linker optimization options)?

This would work when the compiler is GCC, indeed.  When using other
compilers, libtool would still need to figure out which flags to pass
to the linker, and then, if it has to know how to do it, there's no
need to not do it similarly when compiling with GCC.