Re: What happened to libfeutil?

On Mon, Jul 07, 2003 at 04:01:04PM -0700, Geoffrey Keating wrote:
> On Monday, July 7, 2003, at 03:54  PM, Zack Weinberg wrote:
>
> >What happened was, I prematurely created directories named libfeutil
> >and libfeutil/include in the CVS repository, then changed my mind and
> >deleted them - but the only way I know how to delete a directory in
> >CVS is to go into the repository and rmdir it by hand.  Since I never
> >checked anything into these directories, I thought this would be
> >harmless, but it seems I was mistaken.
>
> Yes, it's not harmless.  There's no safe way to delete a directory in
> CVS, the only solution is to just take care when creating them in the
> first place, or to not worry too much about dead directories.

Since contrib/gcc_update's default options are -Pd, which do not create
dead directories, I fall squarely in the latter camp, and so should the
rest of you.  *huge grin*

In this case, I wouldn't have any moral objections if somebody actually
went and removed the dirs from the repository.  It's not like there's any
history to preserve.

Phil