Re: make info and make dvi depend on make all?

On Sat, 5 Jul 2003, Dara Hazeghi wrote:

> on current mainline (and branch I believe), 'make
> info' and 'make dvi' both do a 'make all' of sorts. Is
> this behavior intentional? IMO, building the

The logic is that "make info" (toplevel) implies "make info" in target
libraries (though the target libraries proper don't have info
documentation, but libiberty and fastjar do) which implies configuring
them, which implies building the compiler.  "make info" in the gcc
subdirectory shouldn't depend on building anything.

--
Joseph S. Myers
jsm@polyomino.org.uk