This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: make info and make dvi depend on make all?
- From: "Joseph S. Myers" <jsm at polyomino dot org dot uk>
- To: Dara Hazeghi <dhazeghi at yahoo dot com>
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Sun, 6 Jul 2003 01:31:44 +0100 (BST)
- Subject: Re: make info and make dvi depend on make all?
- References: <email@example.com>
On Sat, 5 Jul 2003, Dara Hazeghi wrote:
> on current mainline (and branch I believe), 'make
> info' and 'make dvi' both do a 'make all' of sorts. Is
> this behavior intentional? IMO, building the
The logic is that "make info" (toplevel) implies "make info" in target
libraries (though the target libraries proper don't have info
documentation, but libiberty and fastjar do) which implies configuring
them, which implies building the compiler. "make info" in the gcc
subdirectory shouldn't depend on building anything.
Joseph S. Myers