This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: make info and make dvi depend on make all?
- From: Dara Hazeghi <dhazeghi at yahoo dot com>
- To: "Joseph S. Myers" <jsm at polyomino dot org dot uk>
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Sat, 5 Jul 2003 18:08:13 -0700 (PDT)
- Subject: Re: make info and make dvi depend on make all?
--- "Joseph S. Myers" <email@example.com> wrote:
> The logic is that "make info" (toplevel) implies
> "make info" in target
> libraries (though the target libraries proper don't
> have info
> documentation, but libiberty and fastjar do) which
> implies configuring
> them, which implies building the compiler. "make
> info" in the gcc
> subdirectory shouldn't depend on building anything.
Hmm... I see. I guess there's no real way around that.
It's just I was a bit surprised when doing make info
to about an hour, instead of a minute or two!
So just to clarify in general though, if you make
documentation changes, you are required to do a full
make info, or just do one in the affected directories?
Do you Yahoo!?
SBC Yahoo! DSL - Now only $29.95 per month!