This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
- From: Eric Botcazou <ebotcazou at libertysurf dot fr>
- To: kenner at vlsi1 dot ultra dot nyu dot edu (Richard Kenner)
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Sat, 5 Jul 2003 17:36:08 +0200
- Subject: Re: objects_must_conflict_p
- References: <10307051351.AA19196@vlsi1.ultra.nyu.edu>
> Yuck! It looks like we have to say they only are guaranteed to conflict
> if they have the *same* alias set.
This elegantly (and efficiently) solves the problem for aggregates vs
aggregates, as well as for other combinations. I think this is probably good
enough for the 3.3 branch (PR opt/11198 is a regression). Thanks!
But we pessimize a bit: for example int vs array of ints, or even different
types of arrays of ints. I don't know whether any refinement is really worth