This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: const warning...
- From: dewar at gnat dot com (Robert Dewar)
- To: fjh at cs dot mu dot OZ dot AU, guerby at acm dot org
- Cc: Theodore dot Papadopoulo at sophia dot inria dot fr, dewar at gnat dot com,gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Sat, 5 Jul 2003 08:59:52 -0400 (EDT)
- Subject: Re: const warning...
> Also when doing code inspection on imperative languages, you get a good
> feeling when most things are constant: no variable means no
> uninitialized variable bug :).
More formally, if you think of proof conditions, marking something as
constant means that considerably less has to be proved about the status
and value of the object.