Re: Changes concerning GCC snapshots (and releases)

On Fri, 4 Jul 2003, Guido Guenther wrote:
>>  o We abandoned and removed the gcc_latest_snapshot CVS tag.
> Will there be any kind of replacement? Updating a cvs copy was far more
> convenient then fetching things from a ftp server for automatic builds.

Sure: you can still use the individual tags we lay down for every snapshot.

The latest snapshot off the 3.3-branch is tagged
  gcc_ss_20030630
where as my experimental one from mainline is tagged
  gcc-ss-mainline-20030702

Next week, the former will become
  gcc-ss-3_3-20030707
and the latter probably will become
  gcc-ss-3_4-20030709
for I released it might be better to simply keep the same version
gcc -v reports instead of using "mainline".

All that, modulo feedback of course!

Gerald
--
Gerald "Jerry"   pfeifer@dbai.tuwien.ac.at   http://www.pfeifer.com/gerald/