This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: GCC Intermediate Representation & recommended reading & examples
- From: Robert Myers <rmyers1400 at comcast dot net>
- To: Jim Wilson <wilson at tuliptree dot org>
- Cc: Eric Dillaber <edillaber at yahoo dot com>, gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Fri, 04 Jul 2003 09:21:50 -0400
- Subject: Re: GCC Intermediate Representation & recommended reading & examples
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org> <3F04E9AD.email@example.com>
- Reply-to: rmyers at rustuck dot com
Jim Wilson wrote:
We can't allow outside projects to use gcc internals.
Er, um, WHAT? You're kidding, right?
We can't guarantee stability of interfaces,
and we also need to prevent people from trying to violate the GPL.
And the way to do that is to get gcc to take on some of the qualities of
proprietary software? I can't believe I'm reading this.