Re: GCC Intermediate Representation & recommended reading & examples

Jim Wilson wrote:

We can't allow outside projects to use gcc internals.

Er, um, WHAT? You're kidding, right?

We can't guarantee stability of interfaces,

That's natural.

and we also need to prevent people from trying to violate the GPL.

And the way to do that is to get gcc to take on some of the qualities of proprietary software? I can't believe I'm reading this.

RM