/tmp full

Interesting situation -- I'm configuring gcc 3.3
on a machine where /tmp was filled up by some
smart associate(s), so I'm stuck ovenight with
an unstoppable desire to continueadventures in gcc
and the fact that configure fails as /tmp is full.

I guess one idea to supply --tmpdir to configure
is exactly to work around an unusable/full /tmp.

However it seems to call config.guess which fails.
Hmmm.  Just an observation on --tmpdir option...

Cheers,
Alexy