Re: Upgrade from 2.9 to 3.x?

Joe Buck wrote:
I will suggest, though, that if someone refers to GNU compiler collection
as "the Linux compiler", the GNU C library as "the Linux library", etc,
someone might well (justifiably) correct this mistake.  Ideally this will
happen in as diplomatic a way as possible.

I'm in complete agreement with you -- and have advised folk in the past who misattribute GNU tools; for example, I corrected a colleague (gently) who insisted upon calling GCC the "Cygwin" compiler.

In the end, GNU would gain more if it spent less time growling at those who fail political correctness tests. Some of us might be useful allies, if we felt welcome... :)

--
Scott Robert Ladd