Re: GCC warnings for unused global variables

On Thu, May 01, 2003 at 09:47:57AM -0700, Richard Henderson wrote:
> This would be considered a feature for any other variable...

I should add that this has already found mistakes, both within gcc
itself and in the linux kernel, where some static variable was left
stranded when the bit of code it had been associated with was removed,
but the variable forgotten.

That is exactly the sort of thing I expect this feature to find.

r~