Re: Bugzilla update and schedule for changeover

Daniel, the (updated) messages looks fine to me.  I suggest you send them
send it a few days before we make the actual switch, and I'm confident CGF
or Jeff or Mark will approve it then.

On Mon, 31 Mar 2003, Phil Edwards wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 31, 2003 at 01:42:19PM -0500, Daniel Berlin wrote:
>> "GCC is currently in the process of switching our bug tracking system
>> from monks chiseling on stone tablets picked up and carried to
>> sources.redhat.com by carrier pigeons to Bugzilla."
> Even that would have been more user-friendly than GNATS.

I don't think that's entirely fair.  I'm most ready to admit weaknesses of
GNATS and gnatsweb (and Jason Molenda, Tom, and me tried to fix some of
them) and I have argued pro Bugzilla, but overall it hasn't served us too
badly, especially considering the (lack of serious) alternatives back
then.

Gerald
--
Gerald "Jerry"   pfeifer at dbai dot tuwien dot ac dot at   http://www.pfeifer.com/gerald/