This is the mail archive of the gcc@gcc.gnu.org mailing list for the GCC project.


Index Nav: [Date Index] [Subject Index] [Author Index] [Thread Index]
Message Nav: [Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next]
Other format: [Raw text]

Re: Breaking up enormous source files


On 20 Feb 2003, Steven Bosscher wrote:

> > I have picked fold-const.c for now and intend to work my way through
> > the list. However, I have a few questions:
> 
> Be careful with fold-const.c.  Jeff Law broke out big chunks from fold()
> to smaller functions on the tree-ssa branch, but unfortunately that work
> is not on the mainline.  Having two people working on one big file in
> different branches usually means "merge trouble".

Yes, that would certainly happen.
However, I could just start with a different file, say, expr.c.

Ansgar

-- 
Institut fuer theoretische Physik II    | Geb. 25.32.02
Heinrich-Heine-Universitaet Duesseldorf | +49-211-8112059 (phone)
Universitaetsstr. 1                     | +49-211-8112262 (fax)
D-40225 Duesseldorf, Germany            | 


Index Nav: [Date Index] [Subject Index] [Author Index] [Thread Index]
Message Nav: [Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next]