This is the mail archive of the gcc@gcc.gnu.org mailing list for the GCC project.


Index Nav: [Date Index] [Subject Index] [Author Index] [Thread Index]
Message Nav: [Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next]
Other format: [Raw text]

Re: Breaking up enormous source files


Op do 20-02-2003, om 14:09 schreef Ansgar Esztermann:
> That project has been sitting on the web site for quite some time
> now, so I thought I'd start working on it.

Cool!

> I have picked fold-const.c for now and intend to work my way through
> the list. However, I have a few questions:

Be careful with fold-const.c.  Jeff Law broke out big chunks from fold()
to smaller functions on the tree-ssa branch, but unfortunately that work
is not on the mainline.  Having two people working on one big file in
different branches usually means "merge trouble".

Jeff, could your tree-ssa patch be applied to mainline, too?

Greetz
Steven





Index Nav: [Date Index] [Subject Index] [Author Index] [Thread Index]
Message Nav: [Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next]